While we’re on the topic, how reliable do you guys find scup for updating the
bios? I’ve considered it in the past but it seems high risk to me – eg. you
could easily brick machines. For me, bios updates are one of those “if it ain’t
broke don’t fix it “ type of things.

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Brad DeHart
Sent: Tuesday, 20 June 2017 6:44 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] RE: SCUP Dell BIOS Updates

If you have not yet, you need to add the Dell OpenManage Inventory Agent (for
Dell Business Client Systems) to your systems for it to know if your machines
need the Dell updates.  It’s available, and regularly updated, through SCUP as
well.  Please note that it runs on reboot, so after it is installed your
clients will need a reboot to correctly run the inventory.

Thank you,

Brad DeHart
Kern Health Systems
Senior Network Systems Administrator