Thanks for taking the time Jason, much appreciated. I think I will start
pushing more to keep IIS off of primary site servers, or at the least
express what can sometimes happen if you don't.

In hindsight, the time it took to spin up a VM to offload the MP role was
far less than the troubleshooting effort with IIS and the VM can
effectively be a throw away.

Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks again.
Jay Marsett