What I meant was that DelCamp's team must have transcribed their work from
a published edition that was legally free of copyright. Scans are available
on
IMSLP<http://imslp.org/wiki/Las_lecciones_de_guitarra_(Sagreras,_Julio_Salvador)>
but
there is some question regarding copyright since this set of studies was
published in 1936 and not sufficiently old enough to qualify for submission
to the Mutopia Project.

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 9:48 PM, Philip Rhoades <p...@pricom.com.au> wrote:

> Glen,
>

> On 2014-02-11 05:05, Glen Larsen wrote:
>
>> On this particular collection of music you could not legally
>> contribute a transcription from this edition and publisher. These
>> pieces should be available somewhere in an edition from which you
>> could, however, since they have been transcribed and put on-line at
>> DelCamp [4].
>>

> It looks like they only have PDFs which doesn't advance my cause much  . .
> I haven't had a lot of success converting MusicXML and MIDI to Lilypond
> format anyway - but now that I think of it, I think I have read of someone
> converting PDF - but only if it was produced by some compatible software in
> the first place (and not just being scanned images).

PDF conversion would be tricky. If the document is a scanned image the PDF
will contain large bitmaps of the image (usually JPEG but could be other
formats.) LilyPond PDFs are going to look very much like a TeX or LaTex PDF
document: tighter with bitmaps describing the font shapes and lots of
PostScript code placing characters in the proper location. It would
challenging to translate from that end of the graphic pipeline.

-glen