I have done a git reset --hard on my local repository.  Then I setup one
branch and one file to commit.  I pushed this out to my GitHub repository.
 When I try to do a pull request, I get nine commits (from when I was
merging back to the master branch) and four files.  I only need two commits
and one file.

I haven't done GitHub pull requests before so I may be doing something
wrong.  It seems to me that my GitHub repository still sees the commits to
master as changes that need to be in the pull request.

How can I clean out my GitHub repository?  Or, how do I get a pull request
that has only the changes I want in it?

Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)