Hi all,

I recently added a search feature to my Clairnote sheet music library[0] by using the javascript library lunr.js[1]. It does the search in the browser without any further interaction with the server after the initial page load. It's nice because after the page loads, searches are almost instantaneous.

This might be an interesting approach to explore for the Mutopia Project because the data to be searched is not really all that large. Each record (i.e. work or piece) basically is only a handful of relatively short text fields.

[0] http://clairnote.org/sheet-music-library/

[1] http://lunrjs.com/

Cheers,
-Paul