I try to make my contributions fit in a whole number of pages, that is, not
with a ragged last page.  To do this, I often change the global staff
size.  The problem arises when I have to change from A4 to Letter paper
size.  Often the number of pages changes, making one look too spaced out.

What would be nice is if I could specify a different staff size for
different paper sizes.  If not, I have to decide between a ragged last
page, or worse, making one size look bad for the sake of the other.  Since
I'm from the US, I would favor Letter.  The A4 people would need to change
some settings and recompile.  How can we avoid this?

---
Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)