On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 02:56:47PM +0200, Thomas Baker wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have been working with Mutt/Cygwin in the hopes that I
> would eventually move to a Linux machine, but it looks like
> I'm stuck for awhile on Win2000, so I thought I'd see if
> anyone else has solved any of its shortcomings with respect
> to Mutt/Linux.  The ones that bother me the most are:
>
> 1) mailcap does not seem to work at all (as V.Suresh recently
>    confirmed);

Works here partially with the following entries:

text/html       ; lynx -dump -force_html %s ; copiousoutput
text/htm        ; lynx -dump -force_html %s ; copiousoutput
message/html    ; lynx -dump -force_html %s ; copiousoutput
message/htm     ; lynx -dump -force_html %s ; copiousoutput
application/pgp-sign; less %s
text/html; w3m -T text/html
text/html; w3m -T text/html -dump; copiousoutput
application/msword; winword %s
application/rtf; winword %s
application/msexcel; excel %s
application/vnd.ms-excel; excel %s
application/x-msexcel; excel %s
application/ppt; powerpnt %s
application/pps; powerpnt %s
application/pdf; acrobat %s
application/x-mspowerpoint; powerpnt %s
application/vnd.ms-powerpoint; powerpnt %s
application/vnd.ms-project; winproj %s
application/x-tar-gz; tar -tvzf %s; copiousoutput
application/x-tar; tar -tvf %s; copiousoutput
application/x-zip-compressed; zipinfo %s; copiousoutput
application/zip; zipinfo %s; copiousoutput
application/octet-stream; mutt.octet.filter %s; copiousoutput

winword is the following script

$ less /usr/local/bin/winword
#!/bin/bash

OfficeDrive=$(cygpath -u C:)
DefaultOfficeDrive=$(cygpath -u $SYSTEMDRIVE)
OfficeDrive=${OfficeDrive:-$DefaultOfficeDrive}
OfficeDir="$OfficeDrive/Programme/Microsoft Office/Office"

DefaultTempDir=$(cygpath -u $TEMP)
TempDir=${TempDir:-$DefaultTempDir}
TempFile=$TempDir/$(basename $1)

Program=$(basename $0)
File=$(cygpath -w $TempFile)

mv $1 $TempFile
("$OfficeDir/$Program" "$File"; rm -f $TempFile)&

winproj, excel are the same script. acrobat follows

$ less /usr/local/bin/acrobat
#!/bin/bash

OfficeDrive=$(cygpath -u D:)
DefaultOfficeDrive=$(cygpath -u $SYSTEMDRIVE)
OfficeDrive=${OfficeDrive:-$DefaultOfficeDrive}
OfficeDir="$OfficeDrive/Programme/Adobe/Acrobat4.0/Acrobat"

DefaultTempDir=$(cygpath -u $TEMP)
TempDir=${TempDir:-$DefaultTempDir}
TempFile=$TempDir/$(basename $1)

Program=$(basename $0)
File=$(cygpath -w $TempFile)

mv $1 $TempFile
("$OfficeDir/$Program" "$File"; rm -f $TempFile)&

> 2) no Urlview or functional equivalent;

same here.

> 3) no Muttprint or functional equivalent;

in .muttrc

set print_command=$HOME/bin/print

$ cat ~/bin/print
#!/bin/sh
cat > .printout
lpr -S <server> -P <printer> .printout

where <server> is a windows print server with lpd enabled.

> 4) would have said "no Procmail", but that appeared in the
>    Cygwin distribution about three or four weeks ago.
>    However, I haven't found any installation instructions
>    for Procmail/Cygwin.

One can use fetchmail to fetch mail from a server and pipe them to
procmail.  Examples see on http://unixmail-w32.sourceforge.net/.

Gruss Olaf Föllinger

--
Olaf Föllinger