And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cilantro to flush Heavy metals

There's nothing I like more than learning about inexpensive, common
herbs or spices that exhibit unusual healing properties.  Historically,
the use of herbs and spices in cooking evolved as a method to preserve
foods and make them safer to store and eat.  While we've grown
accustomed to using these items to enhance or accentuate flavors of
food, researchers continue to discover that they have much more to offer
than just good taste.  A recent example involves the work of Dr.
Yoshiaki Omura.

Dr. Omura recently informed us that he discovered, almost by accident,
that the leaves of the coriander plant can accelerate the excretion of
mercury, lead and aluminum from the body.  He had been treating several
patients for an eye infection called trachoma (granular conjunctivitis),
which is caused by the micro-organism  Chlamydia trachomatis.  Following
the standard treatment with antibiotics, Dr. Omura found that the
patients' symptoms would clear up initially, then recur within a few
months.  He experienced similar difficulties in treating viral-related
prolems like Herpes Simplex types I & II and Cytomegalovirus infections.

Cilantro Helps Flush Out Heavy Metals

After taking a closer look, Dr. Omura found these organisms seemed to
hide and flourish in areas of the body where there were concentrations
of heavy metals like mercury, lead and aluminium.  Somehow the organisms
were able to use the toxic metals to protect themselves from the antibiotics.

It just so happens that while he was testing for these toxic metals, Dr.
Omura noticed that mercury levels in the urine increased after one
consumed a healthy serving of Vietnamese soup.  The soup contained
Chinese parsley, or as it is better known in this country, cilantro.
(Some of you may also know it as coriander, since it comes from the
leaves of the coriander plant.)

Further testing revealed that eating cilantro also increased the urnary
excretion of lead and aluminum.  And when cilantro was used concurrently
with the antibiotics or natural antiviral agents and/or fatty acids like
EPA with DHA, the above infections could be eliminated for good.
(Acupunct Electrother Res 95:20(3-4):195-229.)

Dr. Omura has made a remarkable discovery.  He's found a novel technique
which greatly increases our ability to clear up recurring infections,
both viral and bacterial.  And, perhaps more exciting, he's discovered
an inexpensive, easy way to remove (or "chelate") toxic metals from the
nervous system and body tissues--one that anyone can use.

This is Great News for Amalgam Sufferers

        Chelation therapy using chemicals like EDTA has long been used to help
remove these heavy metals, but cilantro is the only natural substance
I'm aware of that has demonstrated this ability.  This will be welcome
news for people suffering from the ill effects of amalgam dental
fillings, which contain approximately 50% mercury.

Dr. Omura recently performed another study in which three amalgam
fillings were removed from an individual using all of the precautions
available to prevent absorption of the mercury from the amalgam.  Even
with strong air and water suctioning, water rinses, and a rubber dental
dam, significant amounts of mercury were later found in the individual's
lungs, kidneys, endocrine organs, liver and heart.  There was no mercury
in these tissues prior to the amalgam removal.

Remarkably, without the help of any chelation agents, cilantro was able
to remove the mercury in two to three weeks.  (Acupunct Electrother Res
96;21(2):133-60.)

Since some patients didn't like the taste of fresh cilantro, Dr. Omura
had a pharmaceutical company create a 100 mg cilantro tablet.  In the
above dental study, one tablet was taken four times a day.  As of yet, I
haven't been able to find a tested commercial tablet of cilantro.  It is
believed that the active components in cilantro are easily destroyed
during processing.  For this reason, I recommend sticking to the fresh
herb.  It can be eaten raw in soup or salad, on tacos, or as a garnish
with practically any dish.

Recipe for Cilantro Pesto (Make That "Chelation Pesto")

I would think it should also work if the cilantro were juiced, but
perhaps the easiest and tastiest way to use the herb would be as the
main ingredient in a homemade pesto sauce.  You can start with the basic
recipe below and add other nuts and spices to suit your taste.

Cilantro Pesto

1 clove garlic
1/2 cup almonds, cashews, or other nuts
1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
2 tablespoons lemon juice
6 tablespoons olive oil

Put the cilantro and olive oil in blender and process until the cilantro
is chopped.  Add the rest of the ingredients and process to a lumpy
paste.  (You may need to add a touch of hot water and scrape the sides
of the blender.)  You can change the consistency by altering the amount
of olive oil and lemon juice, but keep the 3:1 ratio of oil to juice.
(It freezes well, so you can make several batches at once.)

In light of the ever-worsening qualiry of our water and soil and the
widespread use of metals in everyday items like deodorant and cans, I
would seriously suspect that all of us have some toxic metals in our
body.  And unless they are carried out by a chelating agent, things like
lead, aluminum, and mercury remain in the body forever.  Besides
increasing the risk of cancer, we know they are associated with
arthritic conditions, depression, muscle pain and weakness, memory loss
and deterioration, and maybe even Alzheimer's disease.

Summer's here, and cilantro is readily-available across the country.  It
is a very popular herb in Mexican cooking, and due to their larger
Mexican populations is easy to find anywhere from Texas to California.
In other areas, you may need to visit an Oriental market or specialty
supermarket.  (Remember, it's also called Chinese parsley.)

I would highly recommend that you take advantage of this "poor man's
chelation treatment."  I'm in the process of doing it now myself, and
intend to do so at least once or twice a year from now on.  All it takes
is adding fresh cilantro to your everyday foods or eating a couple of
teaspoons of cilantro pesto a day for two or three weeks; either will
give you the dosages Dr. Omura used in his research.  Judging by the
prices around here, that means you'd be spending less than a dollar for
two weeks of cleansing!  Of course, if you really don't like cilantro,
you can always spend a thousand times that much on a series of
intravenous chelation treatments.....

Alternative (For the Health Conscious Individual)  (Vol. 7, No. 12)
June, 1998
by Dr. David Williams
----------------------

>From the Mailbox

"I have a mouthful of amalgam fillings and was delighted to learn of
your "chelation" cilantro pesto to get rid of the mercury.  However,
could you please clarify the following?

The recipe calls for cilantro leaves.  Does this mean we should actually
strip the leaves and discard the stems?  They are, of course, very
flavorful also.  Is there some reason they shouldn't be used?"

M.C. Travis, Blairsville, GA

"No, you don't need to go to the trouble of stripping the leaves -- the
stems are equally beneficial.  Just make sure the cilantro is fresh, not
dried.  Dr. Omura, the gentleman who spearheaded the research on
cilantro, had the herb formulated into a tablet.  However, at this point
we do not have any conclusive data as to whether drying or processing
the herb alters its active components in any way."

Alternatives (For The Health Conscious Individual (Vol. 7, No. 17)
November, 1998
By Dr. David G. Williams

Reprinted under the fair use http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html