And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 20:14:16 -0400
From: Albert RunningWolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Fwd: Run for Freedom 3]
:

--
Albert Running Wolf
Chairperson
A.I.M. Central Indiana Support Group
P.O. Box 102
Brookville, IN 47012
765 647-5362 (fax & voice mail)
765 647-4947 (personal)
...still strong in the spirit and in the struggle!

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 16:31:37 -0400
From: james toren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Run for Freedom 3

I hope you enjoy this please forward it to any one you think might enjoy
it.
Peace Jim
Run for Freedom 3

DAY 1: COVINGTON KY. TO ROCKVILLE IN. APPROX. 146 MILES
The day started off with the threat of rain but that soon went away the
first situation that we had to deal with was the fact that the first day
we
only had 14 runners. So it was decided that we would run what we could
in the morning and then everyone would meet at that point and run what
we had to to cover the rest of the miles. Kathy volunteered to be our
advance person what her responsibility was was to go ahead of the group
and get our campground and start the evening meal when the first group
of runners came in. She did a GREAT job and I would like to personally
thank her very much. After the circle and a prayer by Ammon the run
started. The runners were Mike, Heather, Jim, Curtis, John, Sean, Ammon,
Fred, Roger, Willie, Miki, Marcus, Terry & John. The first day was a
good day.  I stopped in the small town of Brookville IN. and had a good
reception from Albert and his wife Fran with the Indiana AIM support
group and the local newspaper. The support group donated some money that
paid for our first 2 overnights Thanks Guys!!!! Dan Baylog and family
donated enough money to feed us for a few nights Big Thanks to the
Baylog family. At the end of a long day all the miles had been covered
it took us 12 hr. we will work on cutting down the time tomorrow. After
circle and the evening meal sleep came soon. I would also like to
congratulate Fred 5miles and to thank him for all his encouragement over
the years.

DAY 2 ROCKVILLE IN. TO ROCHESTER IL. APPROX. 100 MILES

This was our shortest day only 100 miles. We all said good bye to Fred
who after running his miles for the day had to return home. So today
we are down to 12 runners. Which wasn’t bad but it stile took us 10 hr.
to cover the miles the problem was is that we were waiting for all the
runners to get to the stopping point and then complete the miles this
was not working. We decided to start running and figured if all the
runners followed the marked roads they would eventually catch up the one
thing we didn’t count on was while we were marking the rd.  they might
have already passed us or they couldn’t see the signs in the down poor
that we just received from mother nature. Well that’s what happened but,
it didn’t matter we completed the miles and got back to camp. We had
circle and our evening meal compliments of Kathy again and went right to
bed. 5am comes early when your day isn’t over with until 12 am. Special
thanks to John B. for donating this overnight.

DAY 3: ROCHESTER IL. TO CARROLTON IL. APPROX. 118 MILES

Now 118 miles seems great but the problem was it was leaving us with to
many miles to cover on the last 2 days. Now the other problem was that
we already had a overnight and meal taken care of in Carlinville IL. So
by us running to Carrolton we already had to drive back 25 miles to the
campground. We decided that we had to run to Mo. If not farther today or
we wouldn’t make it by Friday so Terry’s mini-van was going to go ahead
and cover the miles after Carrolton. Which they did all the way to
Louisiana Mo. Even farther than we thought which was great news the bad
news is we all got back to Carlinville and the over night was not taken
care of and the meal was not taken care of. Disappointing but it was
stile early and everyone pitched in after we set up camp we all rotated
cooking while the rest of us took showers and looked at maps we decided
that the best thing to do was to head down to rt. 50 and go as far as we
could the best and really only camping was a place called Knob Noster so
that’s were we would shoot for 193 miles. Night came and so did the rain
we had circle and then stood hovered around trees eating our dinners.
Sean supplied us all with a good laugh when he came out of his car with
an umbrella and 2 small maglights attached to his head he looked like an
alien coming out of the woods it was funny! After the meal me and Ammon
ran into town to make some phone calls then back to home for a wet
nights sleep.

DAY 4: LOUISIANA MO. TO ?

 Now the reason for the question mark is because we had no idea how far
we were going all we knew was the farther we ran the closer we were to
the finish and being able to get to the conference by 5pm. Kathy had to
leave us this morning so we said good bye in circle and thanked her for
the terrific job she did for us and then left camp. We had to all drive
for about 1 ½ hr. to get to the starting point. The only problem was we
couldn’t run into Jefferson City because the bridge was restricted later
that afternoon after catching up to Terry’s vehicle I found out that
they got to the bridge and Marcus just not being able to accept the fact
that we weren’t going to be able to cover all the miles because of the
bridge ( something we were all having a problem with because we had come
all this way so far) told Terry to stop as they were pulling back onto
the rd. and Marcus ran across the bridge. We will cover every mile!!!
Willie and Miki got lost a little and ended up having to go back and
cover some miles while the rest of us kept running. We finished after
dark and had competed 181 miles Heather caught up to us and helped us
cover some of the miles. When I got back to camp Willie and Miki were
not back yet and I started to worry every one had ate at restaurants
tonight as to eliminate having to cook. Finally Willie and Miki showed
up and they had had some problems not serious but more funny the way it
worked was Willie would drop off Miki and Miki would run up to the truck
and then drive up to Pick up Willie. Well Willie got to the 8 mile mark
and stile didn’t see Miki he got to the 9 mile mark and started to worry
then all the sudden a white taxi pulls up and its Miki NO KEYS it turns
out that Willie had put the keys on the floor board of the truck and
when Miki got to the truck he couldn’t find them so he made his way to a
store and got the cashier to call him a cab and they drove until they
found Willie. Willie told Miki and the taxi driver were the keys were
and they went back to the truck while Willie finished his miles. When
they made it back to camp the day was done it was late and we had 1 more
day to go every one was felling pretty good and it was good to have
Heather back on the run.

LAST DAY: DRESDEN MO. TO LAWRENCE KS. APPROX. 112 MILES

We got up at 5 am glad to know that we only had to do 10 miles apiece.
And a little sad it has been a great run we came together and we did it
we covered every mile. We had our circle and talked a little. Ammon like
every morning said a prayer for us and away we went. Terry and his van
went to the farthest point because we were unsure how we were going to
maneuver through the cities. So as he dropped off runners he marked the
rt. After my truck finished we made our way to Lawrence we were all
meeting at Massachusetts and 15th St. and were going to finish the run
together as a group. I was driving along and thought that’s kinda weird
some bald kid emptying his shoes on the side of the road well we all had
a good laugh over that one it was Sean turns out he had been waiting
there because John was lost well just as we were considering what to do
here came John so we loaded up and caravaned to Lawrence. We got to
Massachusetts and 15th St. and there was every one waiting for us we
were about 20 min. late but that was okay. The guys were talking to
reporters and taking it easy. I was introduced to Cyrus Peltier
(Leonard’s grandson) and his friend Lester we asked them to carry the
staffs and led us off to the conference. We arrived to a very warm
welcome from the people that were there we had a closing circle led by
David Chief. Bobby Castile spoke and thanked us for the run. Each of the
runners introduced themselves and said a few words. The run was over the
conference was beginning and we were already talking about the next one.

I would like to say to the staff at the LPDC and the staffs of the LPDC
support groups GREAT JOB !!! It was a great conference.

I would also like to thank all of you who kept us in your thoughts and
prayers during this run. And would like to thank the runners for their
efforts and prayers together nothing is impossible together we will see
Leonard and all political prisoners Free.

Reprinted under the fair use http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html