And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 19:22:51 EDT
Subject: Florida AIM mourns Aaron Two Elk's passing
__

_PRESSRELEASE___
> American Indian Movement of Florida (Florida AIM) v 136 4th Street N Suite
> 308 v
> Saint Petersburg, FL 33701v(727) 826-6960 v Fax (727) 550-2207v EMAIL:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] vWeb Site: members.aol.com/AimflvNational web
> site:www.aimovement.org
>  <<...>>  <<...>>  <<...>>  <<...>>  <<...>>  <<...>>  <<...>>  <<...>>
> <<...>>  <<...>>  <<...>>  <<...>>  <<...>>  <<...>>  <<...>>
> FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
>
> DATE:  July 12, 1999
> CONTACT Sheridan  Murphy (State Executive Director)/Mark Madrid
> (Information Director)
> PHONE: (727) 826-6960
> FAX:  (727) 550-2207
>  <<...>>  <<...>>  <<...>>  <<...>>  <<..>>  <<...>>  <<...>>  <<...>>
> <<...>>  <<...>>  <<...>>  <<...>>  <<...>>  <<...>>  <<...>>
> FLORIDA AIM MOURNS PASSING OF AARON TWO ELK
>
> Saint Petersburg, FL- The American Indian Movement of Florida  (Florida
> AIM) is sad to announce the passing of longtime Indian rights activist
> Aaron Two Elk (Oglala Lakota). Aaron passed away Friday evening at Kenneth
Stone Hospital in Marietta, GA.  Aaron suffered a massive coronary on March
4, 1999 and remained comatose since that time. He had contracted pneumonia
while in the hospital.

> Mr. Two Elk served as President of Atlanta based Native American Land
> Struggles (NALS) in Atlanta and was a longtime member of the American
> Indian Movement.  Aaron had worked on struggles for Indigenous rights
> since he left the service after serving in the Vietnam war in the late
> 1960's. Aaron was a veteran of many of AIM's actions including the 1972
> Trail of Broken Treaties occupation of the Bureau of Indian Affairs
> building and the 1973 71-day liberation of Wounded Knee, SD. Aaron was a
> longtime adviser to the Florida AIM chapter, helping the organization with
> many of its most successful projects and activities. He was a frequent
> speaker at Florida AIM events and spoke at both Native American Symposiums>
at New College, conducted workshops on the mascot issue at Florida State >
University and spoke at the University of South Florida. Aaron lead many>
Indian rights struggles in George including the effort to repatriate
> remains unearthed at the Dacula site and the struggle to end the
stereotypical depiction of Indigenous peoples by the Atlanta baseball
> team. Aaron, along with Antonio Gonzales, Vernon Bellecourt, and several
others had been a driving force behind the success of Florida AIM. Aaron had
also developed personal friendships with many Florida AIM organizers over the
groups past decade and a half.

Reprinted under the Fair Use http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html