And now:Sonja Keohane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

        I think the question has been raised before:  "Why are cattle
allowed to graze in a National Park?"  I think it is a bad idea, because it
seems that no matter what is said or done cattle take precedence over
wildlife.

        <http://www.billingsgazette.com/wyoming/990716_wyo10.html>

Conservation groups threaten lawsuit over cattle near wolf den

JACKSON, Wyo. (AP) - Three conservation groups plan to file a lawsuit if
Grand Teton National Park officials do not move cattle away from a wolf den.

The Greater Yellowstone Coalition, Jackson Hole Conservation Alliance and
the Predator Project are concerned about a female wolf caring for five pups
by itself. The male was found run over on a park road June 20.
---end of excerpt------