hello

I'm agreeing with Rogerio, bareback has very often to do with the bad, negative
mood, depression, and very often the depression related to homophobia, that's
why I think bbk is a typically queer phenomenon.

a lot of studies (especially in the USA) are dealing with bbk and the
consumption of drugs in the gay crowd, especially the Crystal Meth. If people
are taking Crystal before fucking, that means that they want to disconnect of
the reality. if they are barefucking, it is because they want to have this
illusion of real fuck, i mean love.
In the other hand everybody is not living with a boyfriend (i don't have one),
and i don't really have well trusted friends for bbk relationships, it doesn't
mean that bbk is not turning me on, it doesn't mean that i will have to wait
for the right guy if i want to know what "real fuck" means.

This case of isolation and loneliness is also typical to people who have
problems to assert their sexual identity (homosexuality) in their family
circles, or people who are traveling or are immigrants (as i am).  a lot of
gays are living in this kind of situation, Crystal Meth or bareback is a kind
of "way out", a moment out of reality, out of time. it's also a way of having a
very intimate relationship with somebody.

bareback allows people to live a moment of intimacy with somebody, it is a
phantasm; the dream of real, raw sex. it's not only a phantasm related to the
insemination, it's all about being loved.

bareback is a part of our lust, desire, it is a kind of fetish, the idea of
real, ideal sexual relationship, that's why it is hard to deal with this topic
with moralist approach.

dominik

Sigmund Baginov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit : On Tuesday 27 February 2007
14:01, Rogério Lira wrote:
> Hi SiBa,
>
> Without any wish to defend or justify barebacking, I'd say that
> labeling it as plain 'stupidity' seems simplistic, to say the least.
> The issue is extremely complex for any promiscuous gay man (there are
> several of us out there). In the past years the practice itself has
> become so commonplace that most gay dating websites have redefined
> the safer-sex options in their profile pages. In my experience, the
> stress between hiv- and hiv+ gay men has increased a lot.

I perfectly know that, I'm a promiscuous gay man and I'm really
interessed in porn so I well know all the big crazy diffusion of porn
bareback in real life and in porn business. I never promoted bareback
and never justify it. Doing bareback with a boyfriend (or with a well
known std tested and well trusted partner) I think is ok but to spread
std all around the gay community, talking about that like it
is "culture" or "good" or "ok" or just a "personal decision" is not
what I want to do. Bareback is a social problem. Barebacking and
promoting bareback is something wrong, it spread a false sense of
confort and a false feeling about std and hiv.

> The proliferation of gay barebacking / cum fetish porn is alone a
> obvious sign of the mass appeal of unprotected sex (for both
> consumers and producers). In Amsterdam bareback DVDs grew out of the
> extreme fetish 'corner' of porn shops and are now visible everywhere.
> Several bareback-only porn labels (and porn stars) are now in
> business.

Sure, bb porn and cum fetish are a big sign of the mass appeal of
unprotected sex but there is a big difference beetwen porn and real
life. I think that doing a bareback porn movie is something
questionable but it's ok if every model who do bb porn well know he may
have big health problems and if this kind of advice are well underlined
before or after the porn movie. Lots of porn producers decided to test
models before shooting but I think it is just a false sense of confort
because of hiv and other std are asymptomatic for long time and tests
aren't 100% reliable. The problem is that this niche is not just seen
by people who thought about that and have a conscious opinion about
doing or not bareback. BB porn movies are seen by lots of people who
never thought about that. This is the true problem about bb porn.

Often bareback movies models are twinks, there is a big bareback
production in the east of europe using guys under25, and they are the
perfect model for young people who never thought about bb and didn't
live in the '80 in the gay community and didn't live the "aids
pestilence" age.

> Disregarding the issue doesn't seem very wise (or safe, for that
> matter), but it is still hard to make sense of this shift in how gay
> men 'decide' to deal with hiv risk. I know of one study done in
> Toronto that tried to establish some of the reasoning behind the
> choice for unsafe gay sex. If I remember correctly, some of the
> primary reasons mentioned by respondents were: negative mood states,
> insemination fantasies, a deep craving for intimacy which overcomes
> the fear of hiv infection and distrust in prevention campaigns which
> seem insensitive and simplistic in recommending hyper-vigilance as
> the only way to deal with hiv.

I don't think it is just that. I talk often with young gay and bisex men
and often they think that condom is unconfortable, that bb isn't so
risky, that we know how to cure aids, that they do hiv test every year,
that they "trust" random partner they fuck with because of they
are "friends", that if somebody says he is hiv- there are no problems,
that eating cum isn't so risky, that "it's just a little of precum in
my ass but he shot on my tummy", ...

And lots of hiv+ guys who do bb says that if the other guy didn't say
anything and don't want to use condom is because he is hiv+ too...

I read hiv+ guys writing that if they bb with other hiv+ guys this is
not a problem, they doesn't know (or doesn't matter) that there are
different kind of hiv and mixing isn't so good...

It's not just negative mood state...

Straight guys use condom just because of childrens, lots of guys I know
do bareback sex if they know girls are on the pill. But I always
thought that in the gay community the feeling have to be different,
years and years of history and cultural evolution...

> Here's a link to the article in PDF format:
>
> Adam, B.D., Sears, A., & Schellenberg, E.G. (2000). Accounting for
> unsafe sex: Interviews with men who have sex with men. Journal of Sex
> Research , 37, 24-36.
> http://www.erin.utoronto.ca/~w3psygs/Adam.pdf

Thanks for the link. I'll read it.