Come see Sharing is Sexy's photos and videos at the Marcuse Gallery at
UCSD, tomorrow, Friday, April 4th between 2-8pm.

About the show:

http://ucsdopenstudios.com/2008/ucsdopenstudios_PR.pdf
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

March 9, 2007
Contact: Glenna Jennings
626-676-0627
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

UCSD Visual Arts Department Announces Open Studios
La Jolla, California – The Graduate Visual Arts Department at the
University of California – San Diego invites the Southern California
community to view the work of its current MFA students at Open
Studios on Friday, April 4th from 2-8 pm.

 From dirtbike culture, discarded fire alarms and Nanotechnology to
stand up comedy, dream stimulation, and water balloons, the visual
artists of UCSD’s highly noted MFA program employ a wide range of
subject matter in their multi-disciplinary practices. The resulting
works are a rich array of technological investigation, social
speculation, psychic space and real-world intervention.

Many of UCSD’s MFA candidates have worked and exhibited widely
throughout the globe. Within the Southern California art
community, the students have recently collaborated with The
Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego, Fritz Haeg's Sundown
Salon, LA’s LACE and Sixteen:One galleries and CECUT, Tijuana.

Join us for an afternoon of art, film, performance and music at the
Visual Arts Facility, located off of Gilman Dr. on the UCSD campus.

For directions and more information, please go to:
http://ucsdopenstudios.com

Sharing is Sexy's statement for the show:

http://ucsdopenstudios.com/2008/artists.php?a=Sharing_is_Sexy

In looking at most mainstream porn, we don't see ourselves and our
friends. In response, we are creating the porn that we want to see. In
our project, we are sharing our bodies with you willingly. We're in
control, do not change the channel. Our collective practices consensus.
Everyone has an equal voice in what we do and how we do it. We are
examining the question of open source porn while respecting the work of
sex workers. We're in this to create change.

In doing so, we have created a collective, Sharing Is Sexy (SiS) and are
building a porn-positive and sex-positive community in our home of San
Diego, California. Beyond the website, we are also organizing events
that advocate sex-positive ideas, having porn watching nights, hosting
burlesque shows and making zines. Did we say sharing? Sharing builds
community. By fulfilling our own desires and finding those with shared
desires, we've got each other's backs, in more ways than one.

SiS is a collaborative open source porn laboratory. We are a group of
queer people, transgender people and people with othered bodies coming
together to create a site for free porn that is licensed under Creative
Commons (BY-NC-SA 3.0). We are creating our own porn using photography,
video, writing or any form that suits us. SiS is polyamorous so, we are
open to new members and looking to collaborate.

sharingissexy.org

Friday, April 4, 2008
2:00–8:00 pm
Visual Arts Facility (VAF)
University of California, San Diego
La Jolla, CA 92093

Directions to the show:
http://ucsdopenstudios.com/2008/information.php

--

blog: http://technotrannyslut.com

gpg:  0x5B77079C // encrypted email preferred
gaim/skype: djlotu5 // off the record messaging preferred