Moore, Joe writes:
> so_socket(PF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, IPPROTO_IP, "", SOV_XPG4_2) Err#124
> EAFNOSUPPORT
> so_socket(PF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, IPPROTO_IP, "/dev/udp", SOV_XPG4_2) = 3

This sounds to me like a corrupted /etc/sock2path file.

> Interestingly, if I boot the system with a reconfiguration reboot, the
> network/physical service fails initially but can be cleared by svcadm.
> However in this state, all route commands hang in an uninterruptable
> (even by kill -9) state.

That's clearly a kernel problem.  'mdb -k' should be able to show
where those commands are hanging.

> So I'm guessing there's something corrupted in the code path for
> sockets, but I'm not really sure where to go to track this down.  Any
> suggestions?

Since this is S10, I would guess that you've got a bad or corrupted
patch on this system.  But that's just a guess; the symptoms you're
reporting are bizarre and don't seem to match any known problem in
sunsolve.

Have you called support?