On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, you wrote:

> I think I had exactly the same problem when switching to Version 1.3,
> since this Version (I think it was this one) newsx opens multiple
> connections to your News-Server (that's what -W 10 is doing, rigth?)

No, it doesn't. It just *pipelines* up to 10 NNTP commands, which is
something completely different. (The speed increase is almost the same,
while the server load is less). I think it was 1.3 that switched from
default 0 to 10.

> If I recall correctly adding a -W 0 to the command line solved the
> problem for me.

That is a very good hint - I'll have a closer look.

Egil
--
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Mail:  Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway