Quoting Brian Naylor ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> > Additionally, should it perhaps by default reject posting of articles that
> > does not contain the local host name in "NNTP-Posting-Host"? Subject to a
> > command line option, of course.
>
> Hm, that would be fine as long as you can turn it off.  I can see how that
> would help prevent reposting problems.

If you're running newsx against more than one news spool, and feeding them,
you definitely need to make sure that either:
a) you're sending only local posts or
b) you're sending upstream using "ihave" or
c) you're only sending upstream to ONE of the news spools.

If any of those things are not the case, you're injecting two or more copies
of the same post with different NNTP-Posting-Host headers into the system, and
the posts may not even be your own.  This could lead to other people being
falsely accused of spamming when it's your fault and not yours.

I was using newsx on multiple hosts for a long time, and I had three sites
that I had permission to send stuff up using "ihave", and one that I sent
using "post".  The one that I used "post" on, I only sent local posts to.
Then I switched to using nntpsend to send stuff to the sites I have "ihave"
permission to, and the site I used "post" on USUALLY had the local post before
newsx tried to send it.  Now I use newsx only on that one site, getting proper
feeds from the others, and I use innfeed to send to the others, so I don't
even bother trying to send stuff to the newsx site except when it's in a group
specific to that ISP.

--
Paul Tomblin, not speaking for anybody.
"But I heard him exclaim, as he climbed in the night