Thomas Booms EDV <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I got release 1.3 a few days ago and want to compile it now. I just have
> to type "make" and configure start. After a few seconds it stops and
> says to me, that it cannot find a news home directory.
> Where is the problem and how can I fix it?

I believe it is mentioned in the documentation. Anyway, if I'm not mistaken,
I "fixed" the problem by making a softlink from
/usr/lib/news/lib/innshellvars to ~news (/etc/news on my SuSE 6.0 system).

--
   Eivind Olsen   | Compo-dude at The Gathering'99! | Hobby-BOFH
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] |  Translator of Amiga programs!  | Team *AMIGA*