I have two questions about news, 2) is a little OTP, but hope it's OK.

1).
Newsx for some reason does not get all news articles. In a recently
added group, dk.edb.system.beos, no article ever appears. It has been
added to our local group list, and newsx fetches from the entire dk.*
hierarchy. Checking directly on the remote news server, there are
articles in the group.

2).
We get about 1 Mb per hour of these messages:

Apr 22 04:54:57 akela rnews[16188]: offered
                <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> dk
Apr 22 04:54:57 akela rnews[16188]: rejected 437 Too old -- "Fri, 22 Jan
                1999 11:20:38 GMT"

I assume the remote news server offers us the old articles.
But:
        - what can we do not to drown in log lines
          (avoid downloading the old messages)
        - why are they considered old ? What config file says so ?

Hope you can help me.

Torben Dam Jensen, v1216
[EMAIL PROTECTED]