On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Andreas Metzler wrote:

> I did not get the original posting, do you use the correct --batch
> option, do you use the same name for "sitename" and filename in
> newsfeeds?

I have been using Inn and Newsx for years without problem until I decided
to upgrade them both when installing a new server.  I suspect it is an Inn
2.x related problem as although Newsx does compile and run, when running
configure it comes up with this:

        End result:
        NOTE: Could not find a libinn
        This might create problems for INN 2.x

The configure command line is :

./configure --with-newsconfig=/usr/local/news/lib/innshellvars \
        --with-newslib=/usr/local/news/lib \
        --with-newshome=/usr/local/news \

Both libinn.a and libstorage.a are in /usr/local/news/lib but Newsx
doesn't seem to see them even with the --with-newslib option.

If there are articles to go out when newsx runs it complains about being
unable to find Storage-API and the articles do not get posted.

As I said, I have written a small perl script which uses Inn's sm
(commandline interface to the storage manager) to extract the article
filenames from the token stored in the batch file and then uses Net::NNTP
to post the article to the upstream server.  It works but wouldn't be good
for anything more than a few local posts at a time as it calls sm for each
article in the batch file.

--
Richard Thomas