On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 07:52:57AM +0100, Egil Kvaleberg wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 17:57, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> > Would you be opposed to moving /var/spool/news/in.hosts/spoolname.conf
> > to /etc/newsx/?

> Switching to
> The Filesystem Hierarchy Standard http://www.pathname.com/fhs/ would
> probably make sense. But does the latest version properly address news?

> News software has traditionally had its own way of handling everything.
> Some pre-compiled news packages seem to use a mix of the two.

I think except for in.hosts/spoolname.conf newsx is basically FHS clean:
/usr/bin/newsq
/usr/lib/news/bin/newsx.real
/usr/lib/news/bin/newsx
/usr/share/man/man8/newsx.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/newsq.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man5/in.hosts.5.gz
/usr/share/man/man5/newsx.conf.5.gz
/var/spool/news/in.hosts
/etc/newsx.conf

>> Imho these are configuration files and should be
>> placed in /etc/

> You can always place them where you want using --with-inhosts, can't
> you?

This would move not only the configuration files spoolname.conf but
also spoolname and spoolname.old to /etc/, wouldn't it?
                 cu andreas
--
"See, I told you they'd listen to Reason," [SPOILER] Svfurl fnlf,
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.