On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 09:29:07AM +0100, Egil Kvaleberg wrote:
> I've put a version 1.6 preview release under:
>
>        http://home.powertech.no/egilkv/newsx-1.6pre.tar.gz
>
> To avoid the pre-version becoming permanent, I've put it in a temporary
> location. I will release a proper 1.6 by the end of the week if things
> go well. So please, try it out soon and give feedback here or to
> bugzilla.
[...]
>       Configure is now updated to latest and greatest autoconf/automake.
>       Names of various internal symbols have changed.
[...]

You cannot use autoheader and autoconf from autoconf 2.13 any more:
/usr/bin/autoheader2.13: Symbol `PACKED' is not covered by
/usr/share/autoconf2.13/acconfig.h
/usr/bin/autoheader2.13: Symbol `nlink_t' is not covered by
/usr/share/autoconf2.13/acconfig.h

autoconf: Undefined macros:
configure.in:215:AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR([FAQ])
configure.in:820:AC_CONFIG_FILES([README doc/newsx.8 doc/newsq.1
doc/in.hosts.5 doc/newsx.conf.5 \
configure.in:824:AC_CONFIG_COMMANDS([default],[[ \

2.53 works. Could you please setup a correct AC_PREREQ(2.50) and
rename configure.in to configure.ac?
             cu andreas