From: bounce-104920271-13418...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-104920271-13418...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of David
Martin
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2013 4:28 PM
To: NFC-L@cornell.edu
Subject: [nfc-l] Ovenbird flight song (not call)

On July 17 I set up a migration mic at Thacher Nature Center near Albany,
NY.  That night I recorded what I think is the so-called flight
song of the Ovenbird, which I have heard only once or twice before.   I
recorded a very similar song on 19 July.  I've been digging around trying to
find examples, and the flight song seems to be extremely variable among
birds.

I've posted the recordings and sonograms at http://naturebits.org/temp_1.php

I'd be interested in any comments.  If it is not an ovenbird, what is it?

--
David Martin
Slingerlands, New York

ARCHIVES: