We were a little late turning on the microphone last night (about 22:00 EDT),
but there was a quite substantial movement of thrushes and warbler/sparrow
frequency calls going on here on the east side of Cleveland, too. I have not
had a chance to review the data, but there must have been a broad front of
activity last night. Interestingly, the radar images don't show all that much
movement here.

Laura Gooch
Cleveland Heights, OH

On Wednesday, May 28, 2014 10:44 AM, Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes
<c...@cornell.edu> wrote:

>Early this morning, I did a very cursory review of all audio data from the
>overnight recording, by hand browsing through spectrograms using Raven Pro.
>Last night, birds started vocalizing around 9:10pm. Once again, predominant
>species was Swainson's Thrush with second most predominant species being
>Gray-cheeked Thrush.
>

>There were significantly more warblers and other high frequency calls
>overnight last night compared to the night before.
>

>Here are the highlights/notables:
>

>8 Black-billed Cuckoos (including one cooing sequence)
>3 Yellow-billed Cuckoos
>2 Alder Flycatchers
>45+ Gray-cheeked thrushes
>200+ Swainson's Thrushes
>2 Veeries
>2 High-frequency sparrow-type calls, containing modulation
>

>Good night listening!
>

>Sincerely,
>Chris T-H
>

>--
>Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes
>Field Applications Engineer
>Bioacoustics Research Program, Cornell Lab of Ornithology
>159 Sapsucker Woods Road, Ithaca, New York 14850
>W: 607-254-2418   M: 607-351-5740   F: 607-254-1132
>http://www.birds.cornell.edu/brp
>
>--
>Welcome and Basics
>Rules and Information
>Subscribe, Configuration and Leave
>Archives:
>The Mail Archive
>Surfbirds
>BirdingOnThe.Net
>Please submit your observations to eBird!
>--

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/nfc-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NFC-L