Hi All,

I'm interested in improving my flight call recognition and I think the
easiest way to do this will be to hear some of the sounds in real time and
then check out the spectograms. I've used Raven and Audacity quite a bit,
but where I'm lacking is a microphone.

I don't have the cash to drop on true NFC flower pot mic, but am looking
for something reasonable to attach to my phone, which has done well with
recording recently using an Edutige. However, the Edutige doesn't quite get
the fidelity on the flight calls for them to be identifiable in the
spectrogram. Can anyone suggest a slight improvement up in mic quality that
will get me the ability to capture NFCs? I'm looking at the Audio-Technica
ATR-6550 shotgun mic as possibly the cheapest way, but am not sure if it
will work.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks!
Tom Auer