I got finished by with work at 11 pm last evening andin the parking lot
before I got into my car I heard a"stream" of chips, zips, zeets and zeeps! I
listened for about5 minutes and it was constant. There were at least 3 SOLITARY
SANDPIPERS that flew by. Additionally, I was surprised to heara BARN SWALLOW
and right before I leftan early SWAINSON'S THRUSH!! The birds were very lowas
cloud ceilings have dropped to a few hundred feetand there was a heavy drizzle
falling.
When I arrived at home which is at 1300 feet a few hundredfeet lower than the
airport I still could hear the chips, zipsand zeeps etc but they were higher
up. I listened forseveral more minutes and heard one more SOLITARYSANDPIPER but
nothing else than I could ID. The radarshows modest echoes at this time.
Dave Nicosia

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/nfc-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NFC-L