Hi Jeff Wells, Jeff Bouler and John Kearny,

Thank you for sharing your data and publications!

Of course we are scratching the surface while recording. John for example you
lumped all warblers into one group. But according to small data points I have
(just started last year in early September and this year in late August) the
species composition of warblers vary a lot at night.  Then it depends on
geographical locations. Lewes is very different form Ithaca, New York. Plus so
many other factors are involved. I have been recording only 1/10 of what Bill
Evans has been recording at Danby station at 1500 ft
http://www.oldbird.org/Data/2016/Danby/Danby.htm .  Not exactly, now that I
looked at the recent data, 1/10 that was on August 30. Today I recorded 150
calls while Danby station recorded only 473 calls.  So, so much variation is
there with in a few (5) miles. But it is worth pursuing. I wish we could have a
transact of several close recorders and  see how they do. We should recruit
other birders to start recording!

Now that I am excited about it, unfortunately I will be out of town most
migration peak period [☹]

Cheers

Meena

Meena Haribal