Dear Fanny,

One additional method to obtain the parameter uncertainty, which I don't
believe was mentioned, is Bayesian estimation using Markov-Chain Monte
Carlo (MCMC) simulation. This method provides a full joint posterior
distribution (e.g. uncertainty distribution) of the parameters and any
predicted quantities, and is really the gold standard for this type of
goal. It is possible to implement this method in NONMEM (with some
limitations on the prior distributions), or you could use BUGS or Stan with
associated PK model libraries. You can also extract the samples from the
posterior distribution and simulate using the methods already described in
this thread.

Marc

--
Marc R. Gastonguay, Ph.D. <ma...@metrumrg.com>