Penny,

When I use a PKPD model with the PD compartment initialized at TIME=0 I find that PRED for the PD compartment is initialized to the same value whether EVID=1 or EVID=4 and has identical values at subsequent times. So it seems that with an EVID=4 event the compartments are re-initialized after they are reset.

Perhaps you should try EVID=4 with your more complex model and see what happens.

Best wishes,

Nick