Senior / Principal Clinical Pharmacokineticist - Clinical Pharmacology,
Pharmacometrics & DMPK
Location-Mountain View, CA/South San Francisco CA

If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you
thrive when making brave decisions - join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of
AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's
lives every day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our
mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world
health, and help fight and cure disease.  As a Senior Clinical
Pharmacokineticist  or Principal  Clinical Pharmacokineticist in Mountain View,
CA, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to
make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
And we're excited to share that our work at the Mountain View site (along with
some other AstraZeneca Group Companies in the Bay Area) will relocate to South
San Francisco by end of 2017.  Click
here<https://www.astrazeneca-us.com/media/press-releases/2016/astrazeneca-to-strengthen-presence-in-california-with-new-south-san-francisco-location-09272016.html>
 for more information on this new facility.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing
medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for
it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across
key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and
autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines.
And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational
science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the
AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large
molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation.
We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.

Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will function as the global Clinical Pharmacology/DMPK (CPD) team
representative for biotherapeutic projects at various stages of research and
development (target validation through life-cycle management) and be
responsible for all aspects of pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamics (PKPD) -related
support for biotherapeutic products, including design of studies, analysis and
reporting of data, and communication of data in regulatory documents and
meetings.  You will also be responsible for providing clinical pharmacology
expertise into clinical development plans, including the design, conduct and
interpretation of relevant clinical pharmacology studies, including PKPD
studies, analysis of data using complex PKPD modelling and simulation
methodologies, development and delivery of regulatory strategy (e.g IB/IND, end
of phase 2, and BLA) etc, and data analysis and reporting of clinical studies.
Additionally, you will function as the sole point of contact for all CPD
activities on projects at all stages of discovery and development and be able
to influence team strategy using modelling expertise;  Be pivotally involved in
assessing and managing analyses of PK/PD data, integrating clinical trial
simulation strategies and disseminating the clinically relevant risk/benefit
implications to the Company's clinical development teams;  Collaborate with
biostatisticians, clinicians and clinical operation managers for the
appropriate design of Phase I-IV studies; contribute to the investigators
brochure, clinical study protocol and report analysis and reporting of data,
and communication of data in regulatory documents and meetings;  Drive clin
pharm regulatory strategy for projects at all stages -- IND to BLA -- and
defend strategy at regulatory meetings;  Help design and conduct translational
PK/PD modelling and simulation to support drug design goals, designs of PK/PD
and safety assessment studies, and dosing justifications for first-in-human
clinical studies;  Collaborate with toxicologists on the design, monitoring,
and reporting of nonclinical safety studies; prepare TK subreports; comply with
good laboratory practice (GLP) regulations for GLP studies. Perform PK analyses
for GLP studies per SOPs, record data and analysis results in GLP-compliant
manner, ensure timely and clear communication with GLP SD/PI on GLP studies,
contribute to GLP study reports;  Mentor other junior PK scientists staff on
clin pharm science and strategy.

Essential Requirements
o    A doctorate degree in Pharmaceutics/Pharmacy/Engineering/Statistics with
demonstrated expertise in PKPD and clinical pharmacology and strong
quantitative skills
o    Expertise with standard modelling and simulation software (NONMEM,
S-Plus/R, etc)
o    Knowledge of the use of modelling simulation and its role in discovery and
development of therapeutics
o    Strong publication and conference presentation track-record
For Sr Clinical Pharmacokineticist:
o    5+ years of experience after PhD
For Principal Clinical Pharmacokineticist:
o    8+ years of experience after PhD
Desirable Requirements
o    Expertise in other modelling software (e.g. MATLAB, Berkeley-Madonna, etc)
o    Knowledge of bioanalytical expertise, especially of biologics
o    Knowledge of biologics discovery and development - especially knowledge of
bioanalytical strategy and GLP
o    Proven track record of extensive experience in population modeling and
simulations using NONMEM
o    Familiarity with statistical software package Splus, R or SAS
o    Good communication and scientific writing skills, and ability to
independently work in a matrix environment
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full
application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way
that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for
this opportunity.  If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share
this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all
qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of
disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status,
race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or
re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status
(if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only
employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is
advertised.

https://astrazeneca.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/MedImmune-Careers/job/US---Mountain-View---CA/Senior---Principal-Clinical-Pharmacokineticist_R-006125
To the extent this electronic communication or any of its attachments contain
information that is not in the public domain, such information is considered by
MedImmune to be confidential and proprietary. This communication is expected to
be read and/or used only by the individual(s) for whom it is intended. If you
have received this electronic communication in error, please reply to the
sender advising of the error in transmission and delete the original message
and any accompanying documents from your system immediately, without copying,
reviewing or otherwise using them for any purpose. Thank you for your
cooperation.