From: Rik Schoemaker <rik.schoema...@occams.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 11:29 AM
To: Waroonrat Sukarnjanaset
Cc: nmusers@globomaxnm.com
Subject: RE: [NMusers] Two compartment model with fixed omega parameters

Dear Waroonrat,

I fully support Martin’s suggestions below, but to come back to your original
question: the fact that IIVs are set to zero for V2 and Q does not mean the
second compartment is ‘gone’. If you would examine your model predictions,
inclusion of the second compartment -even without IIV- would result in the
characteristic bend in the elimination phase of your compound when viewed on
the log-scale. It is quite often that NONMEM FOCE-I cannot estimate IIV for V2
and Q and fixing them to zero can result in perfect predictions of your
observed concentration profiles including the two-compartment behaviour. No-one
would claim that these parameters are in fact the same for every single
subject, just that the data cannot support making them different for your
subjects in this case.

Kind regards,

Rik Schoemaker, PhD

Occams Coöperatie U.A.
Malandolaan 10
1187 HE Amstelveen
The Netherlands

www.occams.com<http://www.occams.com>

[http://www.occams.com/assets/images/PAGE-1.jpg]<http://www.occams.com/>

Occams<http://www.occams.com/>
www.occams.com
Occams: a high-quality strategic services provider to clients in the
pharmaceutical industry

+31 20 441 6410
rik.schoema...@occams.com<mailto:rik.schoema...@occams.com>

[cid:image003.png@01D2EF49.733D6460]