Hi Colin,
Here's a version of HH aka the Chorus Jig for Pastoral Pipes, generously
put online by Ross Anderson with the Sutherland Manuscript (+- 1785) - I
also find some parts have no "whistlin melody" except at ballistic
speeds, but that is down to personal taste again, and the virtuosity of
the player. If you get the chance to hear Chris Ormston playing it you
will find it starts to make sense -- until he stops playing -- then it's
gone again.
ciao

Dave (try Obla di Obla dah Colin !!)

X:35
T:The Chorus Jigg
C:Suth.p19no35
S:Sutherland, 'Music for the Bagpipe'
Z:Transcribed by Ross Anderson, www.ross-anderson.com - replaced missing
bar 5 second part
M:6/8
L:1/8
R:Jig
K:G
|FG|:A3DFD|BAG FED|A2D DFD|A3BAG|A2D DFD|BAG FED|E2c cBc|G3GFE:|
|:F2d dcd|F2A AGA|F2d dcd|A3 BAG|F2d dcd|F2A AGF|E2c cBc|G3GFE:|
|:f2d dfd|f2d dfd|f3d dfd|a3 bag|f2d dfd|f2d dfd|gec cec|g3gfe:|
|:dBd cAc|BGB AFD|F2d dcd|A3ABc|de/d/c/B/ cd/c/B/A/|B/c/dB AGF|F2c
cBc|G3 GFE:|
|:FED FAF|GBG FAF|FED FAD|A3AGF|FED FAF|GBG FGF|B/c/dB cAF|G3GFE:|