That would be bad, very bad. Not just from a security perspective - certain UWP
apps on Windows 10 misbehave considerably if UAC is disabled.

-----Original Message-----
From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Klaus Hartnegg
Sent: 10 March 2017 16:24
To: ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [NTSysADM] Sohpos disables UAC ?

Has anybody recently seen Sophos Antivirus ("Endpoint Security") disabling User
Account control in Windows 7?

Many computers here suddenly have UAC off, and my research points to Sophos
installer/updater as culprit: UAC stays on when rebooting normally, but
reproducably switches to off after a reboot that followed an install,
uninstall, or larger update of Sophos. Maybe it only happens if SRP is turned
on. I will continue testing on Monday, but maybe others already know more??

I had previouosly read complaints that antivirus software sometimes disables
certain security features, but UAC!?!