Depending on what you plan on doing with it, you should be able to buy an
older one at a significant discount.  I like that all the power is in the
tablet; so the wireless mouse that came with my wacom doesn't require power
(just like the stylus).  On the downside, it can be cumbersome if/when you
are limited for desk space.

I'd try to borrow one first.  In my experiences, it can be hit or miss if
you enjoy using it.

--
Espi