We don't use Config Mgr in our environment but use MDT instead for deployment.
There is a MBAM client that we install during the Task Sequences as well as a
hotfix in order for clients to check in and for reports to run correctly.
We chose to escrow keys into SQL and during the MBAM server install there are
different AD groups you create for RW/RO to different databases such as
Recovery/Compliance/Audit (it's been a year or 2 since I've deployed /
upgraded).
No real gotchas - in fact it's much easier with a clean standalone install
versus and upgrade where you would have to sometimes uninstall MBAM
roles/services.

I would say to review the MBAM ADM template as you'll want to deploy settings
via GPO such as strength of Bitlocker encryption / how often for machines to
checkin and a myriad of other settings.

The main key is to setup the permissions correctly for the AD Groups with
regarding access to the MBAM databases.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/mdop/mbam-v25/how-to-configure-the-mbam-25-databases

I used this link in the past:

https://kevinwanko.wordpress.com/2012/06/16/mbam-step-by-step-bitlocker-administration-and-monitoring/

Thank you,

Ray

[cid:9FE8CE67-4431-44CD-970D-6A632819929E]
Raymond Peng
Systems Engineer / IT Operations
Direct: 650-577-5399