While we are on this subject, don't forget to block scripts from running in
appdata also.  Seeing a fair amount of VBS inside word docs targeting that
directory tree.

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Bud Durland
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 10:22 AM
To: ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: RE: [NTSysADM] Running exe from APPDATA..TEMP directory

Vendors like to run from %appdata% because any user can put files there; no
need to get corporate IT (or permission) to install the app.

Bud Durland   |   Director of Information Technology
Direct: 518.324.4850 | Cell: 518.726.0967 | Fax: 518.561.0017 |
b...@mrpcap.com<mailto:b...@mrpcap.com>
1 Plant St., Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Website<http://www.mrpcap.com/> |  Twitter<https://www.twitter.com/weatherchem>

LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/mold-rite-plastics-inc.?trk=biz-companies-cym>