I'm actually in the middle of a similar migration between storage providers.
We're moving from Equalogic to Compellent so I can't speak to the specifics of
the EMC unit but in general the process consists of:
        Add storage specific tools for new storage
                (this won't apply in your case since you're going to a VM
presented volume)
        Add the new volume
        Clone the data
        Take the old volume offline (disk management)
        Disconnect the volume via the iSCSI interface
        Swap the drive letter on the new volume
        Process any storage specific needs to prevent further access / delete
the volume/LUN from storage
        Uninstall the old storage specific tools from the server

I've done about a dozen over the last few weeks, and actually considered
whether we should stay with iSCSI connected or VM presented.  The process is
essentially the same with the exception of the first item as noted above.  We
decided to stay iSCSI because of advantages with our backup software, but
otherwise VM presented is less management.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world...