Thanks!  I’ll try powershell – I remember years ago I found an ICACL script
which worked – I just can’t find it again.

Eric

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Charles F Sullivan
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 1:14 PM
To: ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: RE: [NTSysADM] Reset permissions on hard disk - Windows 10 Enterprise

The problem I find with that scenario is that no matter what you use to correct
it, some files get skipped for whatever reason. You can compare two files with
the same perms and owner, where one will succeed and the other won’t.

I did try this PS module with some success:
https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/1abd77a5-9c0b-4a2b-acef-90dbb2b84e85

I think it was successful on maybe 95% or more of the files. I then remembered
that we still had an old version of Security Explorer by ScriptLogic, which as
it turns out has a perpetual license (just no upgrade or support). Security
Explorer probably got 99.x% of them.