I was trying to avoid to dump the membership of all my groups - I already
know that works.

I just have a subset of users who I need to know which groups they are in.
 (And only groups they are directly in - I don't care about nested groups
and that sort of thing)

I'll play with a few of these suggestions.  Thanks!