OK, so why then isn't it working? When I do a Group Policy Wizard, and
choose my user and test VM, I do see my domain in (Computer) Windows
Components/Internet Explorer/Compatibility View

*.wrk.ads.xxx.xxx.xxx

I also see "Use Pop-Up Blocker" disabled, under (Computer) Windows
Components/Internet Explorer/Internet Control Panel/Security
Page/Trusted Sites Zone.

I even set the same things under the User Configuration (Compatibility
View settings, and pop-up blocker settings).

So how come when I log in as that user, on that machine, and go to the
local website, I see that the Security page says I am in the Trusted
Zone, but I don't see pop-ups disabled. And I don't see my domain
under Compatibility View.

It is IE11 (version 11.0.9600.18059).

So what is the deal here? Ordinarily, I'd run rsop.msc, but this is a
regular user, and the other GPO settings prohibit running it.

I suppose I could temporarily make the user a local admin, so I could
check. But the GP Wizard says they are set.

Am I just setting the wrong things? How can I disable pop-ups in the
Trusted Zone, and add my internal domain to Compatibility View, if I
don't use the template? Am I going to have to push out a registry
setting or something?