From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Matt Stork
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2017 11:38 AM
To: ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: RE: [NTSysADM] What is the argument for Windows Server Core/NanoServer
over Linux?

Running Core and Nano does not mean running without a GUI, they mean running
without a GUI locally.  The majority of the server management GUI tools can
connect to a remote server (Core, Nano or Desktop), it is a matter of having
your firewall and authentication setup to allow this.  The transition is
difficult but unless we wish to fall like the mainframe people who refused to
adapt, this is technology we must learn.

Nano is new but Core has been around since Server 2008.  I would not call that
new.
-Matt