On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 12:29 PM, Charles F Sullivan
<charles.sulliva...@bc.edu> wrote:
> I don't think I've ever had a server successfully get group membership in
> its access token without a reboot. We all know that a user has to log out
> and back on. A machine has to reboot.

Actually not ...

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/WindowsTips/Windows7/AdminTips/Admin/Forcingre-evaluationofcomputergroupmembership.html

> Not sure if there's an alternative to rebooting, like restarting the
> netlogon service, and I'm not sure why you're seeing some servers that got
> the group membership without a reboot, but I would stop right there until
> the servers have been rebooted.

I think I might know. If you do a klist -li 0x3e7 (to show the
Kerberos ticket cache of the computer account), you can see the ticket
refresh times. (there are like 11 computer Kerberos tickets,
apparently).  I think that when the tickets are refreshed, it finds
out it's new group memberships. And so new reboot needed.

That's just a guess ...