CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

I use Hyena for purposes such as that

-----Original Message-----
From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Richard McClary
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 12:32 PM
To: ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] [NTSysADM] PCI nightmare - c:\windows\csc files

Greetings!

Since MS had the annoying habit of enabling off-line caching, I have a PCI
nightmare.  All our workstations are Window 7 Professional, SP1.

A scan by an application called "IdentityFinder" has located 3000+ files among
several dozen machines it claims has either social security numbers or credit
card information.  They are off-line cached files in c:\windows\CSC\...

So far, my Google searches seem to indicate I go to each machine (possibly
remote desktop), log in, and delete off-line files (Sync Center, etc).  This
seems to delete my own off-line cached files on that machine (and there are
none).

I would prefer to do this remotely, also preferably accessing the C: drive on
each machine without needing to log in (24x7 operation, and chances are most
seats will be occupied).  An aggravation is, I do not know where these machines
are.  They all have a 12-character "name", and most differ from one another by
1 or 2 characters, which makes things extra fun.

Trying to remotely access the C$ volume and taking ownership of the
C:\Windows\CSC directory and whacking things has worked in the past (MS says to
not do that - presumably because it damages the off-line caching system, which
is just fine!), but there have been some machines where this has not worked.

So to summarize, is there a way to remotely clean out the c:\windows\CSC folder
on a number of remote workstations?

Thank you...

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is from
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals(r) (ASPCA(r)) and
is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient(s) of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying or use of the contents of this e-mail, and any
attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited unless authorized by the sender. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
reply email and permanently delete this e-mail and any printout thereof.
CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED