Pretty incredible timing. One of my analysts just informed me about an hour
ago that he upgraded one of our test 2008 boxes to 2008 R2 and the SAN
allocated disks dissappeared. I had to uninstall and re-install PowerPath to
resolve the issue.

It appeared that even though the PowerPath service was running, the
PowerPath monitor wasn't working. Attempting to manually start the
PowerPath monitor caused an error stating "RPC Server Unavailable. Check
that the PowerPath Service is running". The service would fail to start
successfully after attempting to restart it.

- Sean