Dear all,

               I built  an external c-module (pygsl) using mingw 64 from msys2
mingw64-gcc compiler.

This  built required  some changes  to numpy.distutils to get the
“python setup.py config”
and
“python setup.py build”
working. In this process  I replaced  2 files in numpy.distutils  from numpy
git repository:

-          numpy.dist_utils.misc_utils.py version ec0e046
<https://github.com/numpy/numpy/commit/ec0e04694278ef9ea83537d308b07fc27c1b5f85>
 on 14 Dec 2016

-          numpy.dist_utils. mingw32ccompiler.py version ec0e046
<https://github.com/numpy/numpy/commit/ec0e04694278ef9ea83537d308b07fc27c1b5f85>
 on 14 Dec 2016

mingw32ccompiler.py required to be modified to get it work

n  preprocessor  had to be defined  as I am using  setup.py config

n  specifying the runtime library search path to the linker

n  include path  of the vcrtruntime

I attached a patch reflecting the changes  I had to make  to file
mingw32ccompile.py
If this information is useful I am  happy to answer questions

Sincerely yours
               Pierre

PS  Version infos:
Python:
Python 3.6.0 (v3.6.0:41df79263a11, Dec 23 2016, 08:06:12) [MSC v.1900 64 bit
(AMD64)] on win32

Numpy:
>> help(numpy.version)
Help on module numpy.version in numpy:
DATA
    full_version = '1.12.0'
    git_revision = '561f1accf861ad8606ea2dd723d2be2b09a2dffa'
    release = True
    short_version = '1.12.0'
    version = '1.12.0'

gcc.exe (Rev2, Built by MSYS2 project) 6.2.0

________________________________

Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH

Mitglied der Hermann von Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft Deutscher Forschungszentren e.V.

Aufsichtsrat: Vorsitzender Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher, stv. Vorsitzende Dr.
Jutta Koch-Unterseher
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Anke Rita Kaysser-Pyzalla, Thomas Frederking

Sitz Berlin, AG Charlottenburg, 89 HRB 5583

Postadresse:
Hahn-Meitner-Platz 1
D-14109 Berlin

http://www.helmholtz-berlin.de