Hi Juan,

A guy on reddit suggested looking at SymPy for just such a thing. I know
that Dask also represents its process as a graph.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Python/comments/5um04m/numexpr3/

I'll think about it some more but it seems a little abstract still. To a
certain extent the NE3 compiler already works this way.  The compiler has a
dictionary in which keys are `ast.Node` types, and each value is a function
pointer, which knows how to handle that particular node. Providing an
external interface to this would be the most natural extension.

There's quite a few things to do before I would think about a functional
interface. The things I mentioned in my original mail; pickling of the
C-object so that it can be using within modules like `multiprocessing`;
having a pre-allocated shared memory region shared among threads for
temporaries and parameters, etc.  If someone else wants to dabble in it
they are welcome to.

Robert