From: Susam Pal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: nutch-user@lucene.apache.org
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 3:24:44 AM
Subject: Re: Point of Note to Windows Users

This problem has been discussed before.

All you need to do is search mailing-archive.com for 'cygwin trouble'
in 'nutch-user@lucene.apache.org'.

I have replied a question regarding this issue in this thread:-
http://www.mail-archive.com/nutch-user@lucene.apache.org/msg08481.html

It has an alternative method to quickly get rid of the '\r' characters
even if you have a very old vi editor. Quoting from that post:-

<QUOTE>
You can clean the script by opening vi editor and issuing the
following commands.

:set ff=unix
:wq

If that doesn't work for you, then you can try this:-

cp bin/nutch nutch.bak
cat nutch.bak | tr -d "\r" > bin/nutch
</QUOTE>

Regards,
Susam Pal
http://susam.in/

On 7/25/07, feran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was browsing through the mailing list and never saw the solution, but I'd
> like to note for the record for using Nutch with Windows, that the bin/nutch
> file needs to use *nix line breaks.
>
> So if you get an unexpected \r error on run in Cygwin, that's because Windows
> users have \r line breaks, and *nix users have \n
>
> So in VIM if you do a
>
> :set ff=unix
> :w
>
> it runs fine.