I've been in contact with Phil Hore, the person credited with finding the
Black-bellied Whistling Ducks at Marine Park in Brooklyn on 5/28.

When I congratulated him on the find he was quick to point out that while
he did get the word out the birds were originally found and identified by
others. He is not a member of the NYS list-serve, but asked if I could pass
this information along to the broader birding community to give credit
where credit is due. Quite an honorable thing to do, IMHO.

"The flock was found by Charlie Spinnato, a photographer who said he would
be posting photos on Facebook, under Long Island Wildlife Photography. NYC
Park Ranger Brooke Skelly made the identification."

Cheers all around!

Sean Sime
Brooklyn, NY