From: bounce-120604946-3714...@list.cornell.edu
[bounce-120604946-3714...@list.cornell.edu] on behalf of Trish Bonadonna
[naturemo...@optonline.net]
Sent: Monday, July 4, 2016 10:16 PM
To: NYSBIRDS-L@cornell edu
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Great South Bay near the "Smith's Point"

While canoeing and fishing the bay, I saw an unmistakable white-winged scoter
near Smith's Point marina boat launch. Didn't know they were still around, so
was really surprised to see him. Is this an injured bird that couldn't migrate?
Was then happy to see two purple martins and quite a few seaside sparrows in
the marsh grasses.

Happy Birding,
Trish B

Sent from my iPad