The Short-billed Dowitcher number cracked the century mark on Thursday, nearing
200 based on my count from early that morning.

In a surprise, Mute Swans were down to 74 (yeah, I know you are alldying to
know this data). No sign of the ringed Double-crested Cormorants or the Glossy
Ibis but I have obtained the data. Wednesday evening, Susan Elbin of New York
City Audubon, and I exchanged messages regarding the banded trio.

Susan, confirmed they were all banded by her team. The two Double-crested
Cormorants are 1st year birds.  More excitingly was the data on the Glossy
Ibis. This was a bird that was ringed back in 2010 at a site that no longer
exists.  It was neat getting the data back so quickly and learning they were
processed locally.

Other than the uptick in Short-billed Dowitchers, there was nothing new on the
shorebird front.  I did notice an increase in Snowy Egrets and a Great Blue
Heron count resulted in 17. Otherwise, the usual species hold steady on the
East Pond.

I did look for Brown Pelicans but alas I could not conjure up any. I am sure
one is going to show up somewhere nearby.

Cheers,
--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick
Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire