Thanks to @Team_eBird for their dedication to keeping eBird.org running
smoothly and for the group of New York State hotspot moderators for their
time reviewing shared location suggestions.

This message relates to wiki pages I've developed to access data on
eBird.org including additional links to birding related resources at the
county and location levels.

Species totals have been updated for all county pages. This includes the
total number of species with the equivalent color code highlighting the
county name based on the colors used on eBird's maps. The alphabetical list
of counties on the main page has been updated with total spp. #.

Hotspot pages: All location pages have been updated on the wiki. These
include 219 pages representing a total of 670 out of 5,124 hotspots (13%).
Updates involve # of species and color codings based on species # along
with updated 2016 periods for the bar chart tables displaying the Month:
Jul./2016 and the current two month period Jun. - Jul./2016 along with the
current year.

Tide Graphs exist for New York County, Kings County (Brooklyn) and Richmond
County (Staten Island). There's a quick link to the tide graphs on the "Go
To >" line highlighted in blue for each location. If there are multiple
graphs on a page the left/right is generally north/south or west/east. If
you spot any issues please let me know off line.

For the following counties there are individual wiki pages for the *Top 10
locations* at the top of the list of shared locations: Cayuga, Erie,
Monroe, Niagara, Orange, Oswego, Seneca, Tompkins, Kings (Brooklyn),
Queens, Richmond (Staten Island), Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester Counties.
For New York County (Borough of Manhattan) all hotspots have links to
shared location pages.

Bar Charts (Species Lists): For all county and top location pages there's a
table showing the months, seasons and several time frames for the current
year. Clicking any of these will bring up a complete list of species and
other taxa with bar charts representing abundance. To see a list of species
for *all* periods click on the name above the months i.e. 'New York State
(472 spp.)' or 'Chemung County (236 spp.)'.

Maps of sightings: After bringing up a bar chart list you'll see a MAP
button to the right of each species. Clicking this will produce a map of
the latest sightings. Red icons show sightings within the past 30 days.
Click on the icons to see a list of who reported each species and click on
'Checklist' to view their submission. Click on 'Explore Rich Media' in the
right sidebar to view locations with photos, audio or video.

Click 'Overview' on any of the wiki pages to bring up a sortable list of
all species along with the latest checklists submitted and a list of the
Top eBirders.

Check out 'My Location Life List', 'My County Life List' and 'My State Life
List' links on their respective pages.

For each location page click on 'Google Map Directions' to bring up a
Google Map page. On Google Maps click 'Directions' then 'Transit' to plot a
public transportation route. By clicking 'More Options and Times' you can
refine your search. This also works with 'Driving' and 'Walking'.

Home page: http://ebirding-nys.wikispaces.com/Birding+in+New+York

Clickable map:
http://ebirding-nys.wikispaces.com/Birding+in+New+York#ClickableMap

Alphabetical list of counties: